How to Restrict Facebook friends using lists
We can make use of lists in Facebook to restrict our friends.
What is a Facebook list?: Lists are an optional way to you organize your friends on Facebook so you can filter the stories you see in News Feed or post an update for specific people from one part of your life, like your coworkers or friends who live near you.
Default lists Close friends, Acquaintances and Restricted.
I liked the Restricted friends list. By default people in your friends list can see all the things your post. But all the people in your friends list are not your real friends. You might accepted his/her friend request because you just can reject but you really don’t want to accept. I post a lot of content(Links, photos, videos, status updates) to Facebook, both personal and public and there are many content I just want to share with my real friends.
So how we can make use of Restricted friends list in Facebook?
Restricted friends list: This list is for people you’ve added as a friend but just don’t want to share with. When you add someone to your Restricted list, they will only be able to see your Public content or posts of yours that you tag them in. So add such friends to your restricted list and they will only be able to see your Public content or posts of yours that you tag them in.
How to add a friend to the list?
- From your home page, find your Lists in the left-column or goto
- On restricted list page, click on Manage List menu on right side and click on Add/Remove Friends
- You will get an popup window, select the friends you want to add to restricted list and press Done button
https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/lists and select Restricted
You can also add a friend to restricted list directly from friend’s profile page.
Other default lists
Close Friends: You can add your best friends to this list to see more of them in your News Feed and get notified each time they post. You also have the option to turn these extra notifications off.
Acquaintances: This list is for friends you don’t need to stay in close touch with. People on your acquaintances list will rarely show up in your News Feed. You can also choose to exclude these people when you post something, by choosing Friends except Acquaintances in the audience selector.
Note: Your friends won’t get notified when you add them to these lists.
- Google announced “New Nexus 7” tablet
- Samsung announced 3 Tab 3 tablets
- VLC for iPhone and iPad is back to app store
- Summary of revised Indian Railway refund rules
- Google announced Balloon powered Internet access – Project Loon
- Yahoo will reset IDs inactive for over a year on July 15
- Download Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (INR 1,999)
- Galaxy S III Mini Officially Announced
- iPhone 5 – Main Features
- Tech A Break 2012 Photos