Enable desktop notifications in Chrome for Gmail, Chat & Calendar
Enable Chat & Mail Notifications for Gmail
Gmail desktop notifications let you know when you have a new email or Chat message. When you enable these notifications, you’ll see a pop-up when new messages arrive so that even if you’re not looking at your Gmail, you’ll still know when someone wants to talk to you. For now, these notifications are available only if you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Chat notifications are enabled by default. You can disable them in your Gmail settings. To enable or disable email or Chat notifications, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings link in the upper-right corner of Gmail.
- On the General tab, select the option you’d like in the Desktop Notifications section. You’ll be able to turn Chat notifications on or off, and can also choose to turn email notifications off, receive notifications for all incoming email, or only those Gmail marks ‘important’.
- Click Save.
If you are not yet allowed Chrome to show desktop notifications, you will get a message to allow to show notifications.
Enable Desktop Notification For Google Calendar
- Go to the Labs tab under Calendar Settings
- Turn on "Gentle Reminders"
- Click Save
Currently These desktop notifications work only in Google Chrome for Windows and Google Chrome beta for Linux.
You can disable in Gmail/Calendar settings or we can disable all the notifications by
- Go to Chrome Options
- Select “Under the Hood” tab
- Click on “Content Settings”
- Select “Notifications”
- Change the Desktop Notifications Settings