Using Google Maps to plan your journey
Yesterday I tried Google Maps India to get the directions from one place to another. I tried few routes. It is not very accurate but very helpful to get an idea about the route. Not accurate means, the route is correct but there may be other short routes.
1st I tried to get directions from my home to my office at Technopark, Trivandrum.
We have 3 main routes to reach there.
- Thiruvalla -> Kottarakkara -> Kilimanoor -> Aatigal -> Kazhakkutam – This route is not listed in the map
- Podiyadi -> Mavelikkara -> Kayamkulam -> Aatigal -> Kazhakkutam – This route is not listed in the map
- Harippad -> Kayamkulam -> Aatigal -> Kazhakkutam – This route is not listed in the map
Only 2 routes are listed in the map.
One is Thiruvalla -> Chaganachery -> Alappy -> Harippad -> Kayamkulam -> Aatigal -> Kazhakkutam – This route is listed in the map.
They are correct but very long. Via NH47 is 177KM if we follow the directions in google maps but we have other route, via NH47 which is less than 120KM. In this route I can directly goto Harippad(14kms from home), but if i follow google’s direction, I have to travel more than 60km to reach Harippad.
So first your search the direction to get a small idea about the routes and then search in between places for another short routes or ask someone else . But I am sure this service is very helpfull to get an initial route and then process the route to get the shortest route.
Dude.. don’t think about Travelling Salesman problem
- Google announced “New Nexus 7” tablet
- Samsung announced 3 Tab 3 tablets
- VLC for iPhone and iPad is back to app store
- Summary of revised Indian Railway refund rules
- Google announced Balloon powered Internet access – Project Loon
- Yahoo will reset IDs inactive for over a year on July 15
- Download Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (INR 1,999)
- Galaxy S III Mini Officially Announced
- iPhone 5 – Main Features
- Tech A Break 2012 Photos