Indian Railway Enabled VRM System to travel without the printout of e-ticket
Indian Railway Enabled Virtual Reservation Message (VRM) System to travel without the printout of e-ticket
Now you can travel in trains in India, without having a hardcopy(printout) of the e-ticket. Previously we have to take a prinout of the e-ticket booked from IRCTC. Now you just need to show the screenshoot of the e-ticket through laptops/palmtops/ Mobile phone and this is called Virtual Reservation Message (VRM). VRM along with any one of the eight prescribed ID proofs in original and the indication of the passenger(s)’ name(s) in the Reservation Chart will authorize the passenger to travel.
VRM along with one of the prescribed proofs of identity in original will also authorize the passenger to enter the platform on the day of journey and he/she will not be required to purchase platform ticket. ERS/VRM along with original id proof will be required to be produced on demand of Ticket Checking Staff on the platform.
This is a good move because many passengers have laptop/smart phone and they can show the e-ticket though that and there by saving the paper and ink.
One of the disadvantage of this method is, if we the passenger have to show a ticket as VRM though the laptop and if the laptop is not power-on, TTR have to wait till the passenger boot and logon to his/her system. And what will happen of the laptop’s or the mobile’s charge is completely drained/it is not working? So I think most of the people will not depend only on the VRM but they will take a printout of the e-tiket also.
The following photo identity cards are considered valid.
- Voter Identity Card
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Photo identity cards issued by Central/State Government for their employees.
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School / College for their students
- Nationalised Bank Passbook with photograph
1 Comment + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- Google announced “New Nexus 7” tablet
- Samsung announced 3 Tab 3 tablets
- VLC for iPhone and iPad is back to app store
- Summary of revised Indian Railway refund rules
- Google announced Balloon powered Internet access – Project Loon
- Yahoo will reset IDs inactive for over a year on July 15
- Download Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (INR 1,999)
- Galaxy S III Mini Officially Announced
- iPhone 5 – Main Features
- Tech A Break 2012 Photos