Microsoft Windows- Folder/File Name Issues
Hey did you know you can’t create a folder named “con” (without “” that is simply con) in windows. Hehheee really interesting na. Not only con but you also cannot create folders or files like Aux, lpt , com etc
This is something pretty cool…and unbelievable…
Try it out yourself…
Else I will tell you later. Because now my friend is saying how this is happening. So i can tell you later.
Hi geeks, thanks for your comments. The above problem is because con is a name reserved within the OS. It is just like a Keyword in a programming language. In the case of Linux, you can have any name but the precedence of path will take place. When i firstly heard about this i thought, wow, grate. But after knowing the reason behind this now i feel heee. So the above problem is not cool and unbelievable. Thanks to ViswaPrabha for helping me.
But if u write =rand(100,50) in MS-word(2000 or xp) and press ‘enter’ key. See what happens?
6 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- Google announced “New Nexus 7” tablet
- Samsung announced 3 Tab 3 tablets
- VLC for iPhone and iPad is back to app store
- Summary of revised Indian Railway refund rules
- Google announced Balloon powered Internet access – Project Loon
- Yahoo will reset IDs inactive for over a year on July 15
- Download Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (INR 1,999)
- Galaxy S III Mini Officially Announced
- iPhone 5 – Main Features
- Tech A Break 2012 Photos