Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
In addition to regular Windows Vista updates, application compatibility improvements, and device driver improvements, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is another way Microsoft will deliver improvements to the Windows Vista customer experience.
The goal of Windows Vista SP1 is to address key feedback Microsoft has received from its customers without regressing application compatibility. Windows Vista SP1 will deliver improvements and enhancements to existing features that significantly impact customers, but it does not deliver substantial new operating system features. For example, the service pack improves the performance of the desktop shell, but it does not provide a new search user interface or a new version of Windows® Media Center.
The updates in Windows Vista SP1 fall into three categories, which the following sections describe in detail:
- Quality improvements, including all previously released updates, which address reliability, security, and performance.
- Improvements to the administration experience, including BitLocker™ Drive Encryption (BDE).
- Support for emerging hardware and standards, such as an Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) and an Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT).
Quality improvements have the broadest impact on all customers. It is the foundation of Windows Vista SP1 and is about improving the overall Windows Vista experience. First, Windows Vista SP1 will include all previously released updates for Windows Vista. It also will include security, reliability, and performance improvements.These updates also improve performance in key scenarios—for example, when copying files or shutting down the computer.
Many of the changes in Windows Vista SP1 will improve the deployment, management, and support experience for Windows Vista customers. The following list describes some of these enhancements:
- BitLocker Drive Encryption encrypts extra local volumes. For example, instead of encrypting only drive C, customers can also encrypt drive D, E, and so on.
- Addresses problems with printing to local printers from a Windows® Terminal Services session.
- The Network Diagnostics tool will help customers solve the most common file sharing problems, in addition to the basic problems that it already diagnoses.
- Administrators can control the volumes on which to run Disk Defragmenter.
Emerging Hardware and Standards
The technology industry is fast-paced and constantly changing. Throughout the life cycle of any version of the Windows operating system, the industry creates new hardware innovations and defines new standards. Windows Vista SP1 will include support for some of these new hardware innovations and standards, because Microsoft expects them to become increasingly important in the near future.
No idea about the releasing date of Vista SP1
- Google announced “New Nexus 7” tablet
- Samsung announced 3 Tab 3 tablets
- VLC for iPhone and iPad is back to app store
- Summary of revised Indian Railway refund rules
- Google announced Balloon powered Internet access – Project Loon
- Yahoo will reset IDs inactive for over a year on July 15
- Download Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (INR 1,999)
- Galaxy S III Mini Officially Announced
- iPhone 5 – Main Features
- Tech A Break 2012 Photos