Run Linux applications on Windows or OS X with Lina
Lina is a Linux virtual machine that allows users to run applications with the native look of their host operating system. It also lets you install applications with a mouse-click, no need to compile software from source code.
The features are
Native look and feel
With LINA, Open Source applications developed in a Linux environment can run on Windows, Mac OS X, and UNIX operating systems, as well as any flavor of Linux. Compiled and run on the LINA platform, these Linux applications adopt the appearance and interface characteristics of applications written for the underlying operating system. With LINA, users get the native look and feel of the operating system they are accustomed to.
LINA runs invisibly wherever installed, offering a fully integrated solution for development and deployment of cross-platform executables.
Secure and stable
With LINA installed, programs written for Linux will run securely, regardless of changes made to the underlying operating system. LINA insulates the underlying operating system from the applications running on LINA, and protects the user’s other programs and data from unexpected modifications.
- Google announced “New Nexus 7” tablet
- Samsung announced 3 Tab 3 tablets
- VLC for iPhone and iPad is back to app store
- Summary of revised Indian Railway refund rules
- Google announced Balloon powered Internet access – Project Loon
- Yahoo will reset IDs inactive for over a year on July 15
- Download Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (INR 1,999)
- Galaxy S III Mini Officially Announced
- iPhone 5 – Main Features
- Tech A Break 2012 Photos