Wine 0.9.56 released
Wine is a translation layer (a program loader) capable of running Windows applications on Linux and other POSIX compatible operating systems. Windows programs running in Wine act as native programs would, running without the performance or memory usage penalties of an emulator, with a similar look and feel to other applications on your desktop.
The latest release is 0.9.56
What’s new in this release:
– Proper handling of OpenGL/Direct3D windows with menu bars.
– Stubs for all the d3dx9_xx dlls.
– Several graphics optimizations.
– Many installer fixes.
– Improved MIME message support.
– Lots of bug fixes.
The sources will
be available from the following locations:
Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
- Google announced “New Nexus 7” tablet
- Samsung announced 3 Tab 3 tablets
- VLC for iPhone and iPad is back to app store
- Summary of revised Indian Railway refund rules
- Google announced Balloon powered Internet access – Project Loon
- Yahoo will reset IDs inactive for over a year on July 15
- Download Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (INR 1,999)
- Galaxy S III Mini Officially Announced
- iPhone 5 – Main Features
- Tech A Break 2012 Photos